Rental Policies and Procedures for Lodging
An initial deposit equal to 50% of lodging is required at the time of booking of which $100 is non-refundable. The final payment will be made according to the schedule on your confirmation page. Full payment must be made prior to arrival.
A full refund, less the non-refundable $100 deposit, if the reservation is canceled before 60 days prior to arrival. If the reservation is canceled after full payment, or within 60 days of arrival, the full amount is forfeited regardless of the reason for cancellation. There are no refunds for no-shows, late arrivals, or early departures regardless of weather and road conditions.
Guests have the option of purchasing travel insurance as cancellation protection up until the day before arrival. Once purchased guests may not cancel the insurance. Travel insurance does cover illnesses causing trip interruption, such as COVID-19. However, it does not cover cancellation due to pre-existing conditions or illnesses. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Upon arrival, a credit card will be authorized to cover any damages, excessive housekeeping costs, noise complaints, or miscellaneous costs accrued by guests. This authorization will remain on file for the duration of the stay and until we are able to inspect the property after the guest’s departure. Tenants are liable for any damages to the premises, furnishings, equipment, and household items that occur during the renter’s occupancy, excluding normal wear and tear. Late check-ins must come into the office within 24 hours to leave a security deposit. If a guest does not appear to leave a security deposit the card used for the final payment will be used for the security deposit.
Check-in time is after 4:00 pm and check out is no later than 10:00 am. All guests must check-in and out at our office at 300 North Main Street.
Wood Winds Lodging is not responsible for lost or forgotten items.
Parking is limited in Breckenridge. Wood Winds does not guarantee parking at all complexes. Please contact Wood Winds to confirm the available number of spaces. Off-site parking is available through the Town of Breckenridge for a daily fee.
Wood Winds strictly prohibits the usage of any of its rental properties for any special functions, weddings, or parties where the maximum occupancy is exceeded.
The Entry of Premises:
An authorized employee or repairman may enter the premises during customary business hours for any purpose connected with the repair, improvement, care, or management of the property.
Early Departures/No Shows:
The guest is responsible for payment of all nights reserved regardless of the guest’s actual arrival/departure. The availability of lodging will determine if a guest may extend their stay. Full payment for lodging is required before check-out. There are no refunds for no-shows. No exceptions. If Travel Insurance was purchased, the guest may contact CSA at 866-298-6846.
Due to circumstances beyond our direct control Wood Winds reserves the right to substitute comparable accommodations up to and including the day of arrival, provided that the guest is not charged a higher rate than the accommodation originally reserved.
Only a certain number of keys are allowed per unit. If a key is lost, stolen, or accidentally taken home, guests will be charged $35 per key. This can be paid at the time of check-out or will be deducted from the security deposit. Guests may also be charged for lost parking permits, garage door openers or pool passes depending on the property.
None of our units allow pets or smoking of any kind, including tobacco and marijuana products. No exceptions. Any proof of pets and/or smoking will result in a minimum $500 fee to the guest’s security deposit.
Guests take full responsibility for any and all illegal behavior and activities during their stay. This includes but is not limited to illegal use of wireless systems and access, as well as, theft of any sort. Guests found to have committed a crime may be prosecuted according to the laws of Colorado and Summit County.
COVID-19 Adjustments to the Policies Above:
Due to the uncertainty regarding the future of travel with COVID-19, Wood Winds has determined additional cancellation policies to protect our guests:
- In the instance that Summit County restricts short-term rentals during the time of stay, the guest will receive a full refund on their rental or a credit for the full amount towards future travel to be used within 12 months of the original reservation dates.
- If a guest (or immediate family of a guest traveling) test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the arrival date, the guest will receive a full refund or a credit towards future travel to be used within 12 months of the original reservation dates.
- If a guest’s home is placed under travel restrictions or “Shelter In Place” requirements, guests may receive either a full refund or a credit towards future travel to be used within 12 months of the original reservation dates.
- Guests will have up to 48 hours to confirm their lift ticket reservations and dates. Within that 48 hours, guests may change or cancel their lodging reservation dates with no penalty. However, Wood Winds Lodging will not issue refunds should the guest(s) be unable to purchase lift tickets for the chosen dates after 48 hours. Guests that reserve before the reservation system allows the entering of dates (November 6th, 2020) will have 48 hours from the time the system opens on November 6th, 2020 to make any changes to their lodging reservation without a penalty.
- Any other cancellations due to COVID-19 will be subject to the original cancellation policy outlined above or the option of a credit towards future travel to be used within 12 months of the original reservation dates.
Guests are welcome to request special consideration for cancellations, which will be handled on a case by case basis. However, Wood Winds Lodging is under no obligation to meet those requests.
CLICK HERE for more information on the extended procedures and precautions we are taking due to COVID-19.
CLICK HERE for more information in regards to the Winter Operating Plan for Vail Resorts.
These policies were updated in September 2020.
Contact our office directly for questions and/or more information.